This fish curry i used to eat at my friend's (bindiya) place since my school days. We have been friends since 5th grade and till date we have been friends. She is a good cook too, she cooks a variety of dishes.
I got the recipe from her yesterday and i had to make it. To my surprise it came out just like how it was done at her place. A very simple and yummy recipe. It can be eaten with rice and it is a wonderful dish. Thanks to my friend i got a lot of yummy dishes to eat. During our college days i used to go to her house regularly and have lunch with her, her parents and all her family members are very loving and adorable.
Salmon - 1/2 lb (any fish without the skin and bones) cut into pieces
Onion - 1 medium sliced
Tomato - 3 cut into medium pieces
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chili powder - 1.5 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cilantro - a small bunch chopped
Tamarind - if using paste 1.5tsp
- if soaking tamarind use a lemon size
Curry leaves - a few
Mustard seeds - 1.4 tsp
Fenugreek - 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida - 2 or 3 pinch
Jeera - 1/4 tsp
1. In a kadai pour a tbsp of oil and add the onions and pink it.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute and then add the tomatoes.
3. Once well done use a hand blender or a food processor and pulse it till everything is coarsely minced.
4. In the same kadai pour another tbsp of oil and when hot add the mustard seeds, jeera, curry leaves, fenugreek and the asafoetida.
5. Pour the blended masala and let it boil.
6. Add the chili powder, turmeric powder and the coriander powder.
7. When the raw smell of the masala goes add the tamarind water and salt and bring it to a boil.
8. Put the fish pieces and mix it well and add little water if necessary.
9. Add the cilantro once the fish is well done and mix well.
10. As you keep stiring smash the fish so that it gets crumbled.
11. Let it simmer till the oil separates.
This entry is being sent to Srivalli's Curry Mela