Having eaten spaghetti and meatballs out decided to give it a try at home, so this weekend for dinner i made it and guess what V said i can make it again! To tell the truth i was a little nervous to make it and was worried that the meat balls might become dry, but it came out absolutely delicious.
Ground meat - 1.2 lb
egg - 1(whole egg)
Onion - 1/2 finely chopped
Bread crumbs - 1 cup
Garlic cloves - 3 chopped fine
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Crushed pepper flakes - 1 tsp
Fresh parsley - chopped fine
Rosemary - 1 sprig chopped fine
Tomato paste - 2 cans (8oz each)
Spaghetti - 1/2 lb (cooked al dente)
Broth - 1 cup
Red cooking wine - 1/2 cup
E.V.O.O. - 2 tbsp
1. Heat a non stick skillet on medium heat.
2. In the mean time in a bowl mix the meat, red pepper flakes,pepper powder, salt, bread crumbs, egg, rosemary, garlic and onions and then make small balls and put them one by one in the hot oil
3. do not turn them very often let it cook one side for 3-4 minutes before you turn it over, shake the skillet once in a while to avoid the meat balls from sticking to the bottom of the pan
4. Cook spaghetti and keep it ready --- in a big vessel boil water, add salt and the pasta and cook for about 8-10 minutes and before straining the water add a few drops of olive oil to avoid the pasta from sticking together.
5.once the meat balls are cooked completely add the wine and let it reduce a little
6.Pour the tomato paste and the broth and stir gently avoiding the meat balls
7. Add a little salt and pepper. you can add a little pepper flakes to the sauce if u want it to be more spicy
8. Add the chopped parsley and let the gravy simmer and the meat balls soak a bit.
9.Now add the spaghetti and mix well
10. Garnish with cheese and serve hot.
I am sending this for Vandana's Chicken Contest.
This month I am sending this to DK's A.W.E.D. Italiano.
This recipe goes to Sri of Me and My Kitchen, who is hosting event for the the month of september.