NALABAGHAM

I ain't good at drawing but I can say with confidence that I can cook quite well and make everyone happy, with a good meal. Cooking is an art and with passion & Love for it we can create so many wonderful dishes....Loving it everytime...

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Simple & Easy Shrimp Curry

I wanted to try something different for a change so I asked my friend Bindiya, who cooks different dishes all the time. She gave me this easy recipe to prepare shrimp. She said that this can be made with chicken also. The curry was ready in around 20-minutes and the smell was wonderful
I used frozen and pre-cooked shrimp, you can use any kind u want.

Ingredients :-
Onions - chopped or minced
Green chilies - 2 chopped
Tomato - 2 chopped or puree
Cilantro - chopped
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp

Method:-
In a big kadai, pour oil, add the cumin seeds, chopped onions, green chilies and let it cook until in turns pink. Add the garam masala, ginger garlic paste and stir it well and wait till the raw smell goes. Put the tomato and let it get cooked completely. Put the chili powder,turmeric powder and salt and very little water just to cook the gravy. Once the gravy is done add the shrimp and the chopped cilantro. Stir it regularly. Remember to remove it from heat once the shrimp has turned pink and well cooked. Leaving shrimp on the stove for a longer time will make it rubbery in texture.
Serve it with rice or rotis.

I am sending this recipe for Curry Mela by Srivalli of Coooking 4 all Seasons.

No comments: