Onion - 1 big chopped fine
Tomatoes - 3 seeded and chopped fine (if u add tomatoes with the seeds and the juice it will make the omelet soggy)
Jalapenos - 3 chopped fine
Green onions - chopped fine
Mushroom - chopped fine (any mushroom of choice)
Carrot - 2 grated
Eggs - 5 beaten until fluffy and frothy
salt to taste
Monterrey jack or Colby jack cheese - 3 tbsp (1 for each omelet, optional)
The above quantity will make around 3 big omelets. It is easier to cook all the veges together first before splitting them for individual omelets.
1. In a big skillet pour oil, put the jalapenos and saute well.
2. Add the chopped onions and let it cook until pink and then add the mushrooms and the tomatoes, put salt
3. Once the mushrooms are cooked add the green onions and grated carrot along with some pepper
4. Allow it to cook completely and now divide the cooked veges into three proportions.
5. In the same skillet put one part of the cooked veges and make sure the heat is medium otherwise it will burn the vegetables. Spread it evenly and leave it for a minute or two and then pour the beaten egg as per requirement.
6.Move the pan around so that the eggs spread well and let it cook for 2 -3 minutes.
7. Take a tablespoon of the cheese and spread it in the center of the omelet.Put a little pepper on top of the cheese.
8. Take a flat spoon and work the sides of the egg to make sure it is not sticking to the sides of the pan and then roll it slowly and carefully to avoid it from breaking
9. Pat it with the spoon once in a while to make sure the egg is fully cooked before removing it from the stove top.
10. Continue the same procedure for the remaining veges and the egg.
When beating the eggs add salt and pepper only towards the end. If added in the beginning the eggs will take a longer time to become fluffy.
i am very sure that you will not stop making this omelet once you start making it for your loved ones.
I am sending this dish to Sangeeth's calcium rich
and also for the