This is a sweet dish that kids love and it is a very common dish in south india. It is made with rice flour and bananas and it is a healthy dish for kids who are fussy about eating fruits. My son loves it and most of the time he asks he to make it for him and he will keep eating all day. The dish will be ready in no time and is very simple to remember and prepare too.
Rice flour - 2 cups
Ripe banana - 2 (very ripe)
Jaggery syrup - 1/2 cup (soak jaggery for an hour or two in warm water)
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Dry coconut or fresh coconut - 1 tbsp (shredded)
Raisins - 1 tbsp
Cashewnut - broken 2 tbsp
Nutmeg powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Ghee - in a small cup
1. Mix all the above except for the ghee and make sure there are no flour lumps.
2. Heat the paniyaram maker and pour a few drops of ghee into each hole and when hot pour in 3/4 tbsp of mixed batter and let it cook for 2 minutes and then turn it over. Remove it once it is dark golden brown in color.
3. Make sure that the heat is spread evenly and maintain low to medium heat otherwise it will get burnt and the inside won't be cooked fully.
4. Follow the procedure for the balance batter and eat it warm.
5. If u do not have jaggery use sugar and water to mix the batter. The batter should be a little thicker than pancake consistency.
I am sending this to the deep fried event by Mythreyee of Paajaka.