Vivek likes brinjal and I try to make it whenever i get good ones. This is a recipe i just did and it goes well with rice and dosa.
Small Purple brinjals - cut lengthwise
Onion chopped - 2 tbsp
Tomato chopped - 1
Garlic chopped - 2 cloves (it adds gr8 flavor, it is also optional)
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
mustard seeds, urad dhal , asafoetida,cumin seeds, curry leaves , oil
1. Pour oil in a kadai and when the oil is hot enough add the sauting ingredients.
2. When the spluttering stops add the chopped onions and the chopped garlic
3. Once the onion is cooked add the cut brinjal and stir it regularly until it is half done
4. Now add the tomato, turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, salt and mix well.
5. Sprinkle a little water and let it cook completely and till it becomes a little dry.
6. Serve it with curd rice.
I am sending this to Srivalli's Curry Mela.