Monday, March 22, 2010
Mixed Fried Rice
Beans - cut small (1/2 cup)
Carrot - cut small (1/2 cup)
Cabbage - cut thin (1/2 cup)
Scrambled Eggs - 4 nos
Broccoli florets - 1 cup blanched
Chicken cooked shredded - 1 cup
Onion - finely chopped
Green chilies - chopped
Ginger - finely sliced (1 tbsp)
Garlic - finely sliced (1 tbsp)
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
Garlic chili paste (optional)
Basmati rice - 2 cups
1. Cook basmati rice as usual and spread it on a plate and let it cool.
2. To cook the chicken, take a non-stick pan, add 2 tbsp of oil , add the chicken pieces and add pepper, salt, chili garlic paste, vinegar and a pinch of ajinomotto and soya sauce.
3. When it is almost cooked use a steel spatula to shred it and let it fry completely and keep it aside
4. In the same kadai add 1 tbsp and add the chopped green chilies,sliced garlic and ginger.
5. When fully fried add the chopped onion and saute until pink and done.
6. Add the beans and carrot and saute for 5 mins.
7. Now add the cabbage and salt. Fry until the vegetables are almost done and add the cooked chicken and keep the heat on medium and fry it for awhile. Add pepper powder, ajinomotto.
8. Now add the rice little by little, so that it mixes well.
Garnish with spring onion/scallions and cilantro - chopped together and add it the rice just before serving for a great added aroma!
If you want to add broccoli or scrambled eggs. Saute broccoli in a tbsp of oil and a little salt and then the mixed fried that was prepared.
If you are adding scrambled eggs, first scramble the eggs with salt and pepper and then add it to the sauteed vegetables and then add the rice.
It is better to add broccoli if serving immediately. Hope you guys have fun making this!