Friday, March 19, 2010
You will need :
Big red onion - finely chopped or minced
Tomatoes - 3 nos finely chopped or pureed
Ginger garlic paste - 1tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp (as per spice needed)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Vinegar or Lemon juice - a few drops
Peas - 1 cup
Fried panneer - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking 1 tbsp with 1 tsp of butter (for flavor, it is optional)
Water - 1/2 cup
1. In a non-stick kadai pour the oil and once hot add the cumin seeds
2. Fry it for a couple of seconds and add the onion and fry until the raw smell is gone
3. Now add the garam masala and ginger garlic paste.
4. Once cooked add the chili powder, turmeric powder and vinegar and fry for a few seconds before adding the tomatoes
5. Add the water, salt and peas and let it boil.
6. Check if the peas is fully cooked and add the panneer and let it simmer for a few minutes so that panneer can absorb some flavor in. If needed add a little more water around 1/4 cup and let it simmer. You will still have gravy.
7.Switch off and garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
Serve it along side with - chopped onions, finely chopped greenchilies and cilantro mixed with salt and lemon juice.