This curry is like a comfort dish for me as for as long as I can remember mom used to make it most of the saturdays when I used to be at home. I used to eat it with rice for lunch and it has always been my favorite and now a make it at least twice a month. Mom used to try a lot of things and even though she was busy with work she would always find ways to make yummy dishes.
You will need :-
Boiled eggs - 4 nos
Onion - thinly sliced 1 big
Tomatoes - 6 sliced thin
Chili powder - 1.5 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Vinegar - a few drops or even lemon juice
Salt to taste
Cilantro - a small bunch minced
Cooking oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - a few
1. Boil eggs and remove the shell and keep it aside. Make three of four slits on the sides.
2. In a kadai pour oil and when hot add mustard seeds and when it splutters add the curry leaves.
3. Add the sliced onions and let it cook completely.
4. Once it turns pink add the chili powder and the turmeric powder and a few drops of lemon or white vinegar.
5. Fry it for a while and then add tomatoes let it cook completely and once the oil leaves the sides add the eggs.
6. Let it simmer for a while and then add the cilantro and leave it for another 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot with rotis, aapam, idiyappam or even rice....
I am sending this dish for Srivalli's Curry Mela. She hosts events regularly and its fun to send in entries for her events!
This entry also goes to Sangeeth's calcium rich.