I had chicken drumsticks in the fridge and I was too lazy to cut them into smaller pieces, so I kept thinking of a way to make it easy. Then it struck me that I could shred them up. And that's how I came up with this curry, and now I kinda like to make it like that as it is easy and I can get rid of a little fat too, isn't that something?
So this is how the curry came about:
Chicken drumsticks - 4 nos
Onion - 1 medium crushed
Green chilies -2 slit lengthwise
Tomatoes - 1 8oz can of tomato paste
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Vinegar - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Cilantro - 2 tbsp chopped
Cooking oil - 2 tbsp
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
Coconut - ground 1/4 cup
you can change the quantity as per your requirement..
1. In a non-stick pan or vessel pour 3/4 cup of water add a little salt and add the chicken drumsticks to it. Cover and let it cook on medium flame until fully cooked.Throw the whole thing into a colander and keep a vessel under it to drain all the fat and water.Once it becomes a bit warm shred it up nicely and set it aside.
2. In the meantime pour oil in a kadai and when hot add the green chilies and the chopped onions.
3. Once well done add the ginger garlic paste and garam masala.
4. Fry until the raw smell goes and add the chili powder and turmeric powder.
5. A little later add the cumin powder and allow the masala to cook for a while.
6. Now add the tomato paste and a little water
7. Add salt and the shredded chicken and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Pour in the ground coconut and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Add chopped cilantro and switch it off and let it set for a few minutes before pouring it into the serving bowl.
Serve hot with rice, rotis, dosa or anything you like...