Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Bruschetta is an Italian dish which is normally consumed as an appetizer, I turned it into dinner.I have made it a couple of times as a starter but i was feeling a bit lazy to cook dinner last night.
I like spicy food so i made a few changes of my own. If you like you can also add chopped olives in it.
Loaf of french bread
Grape tomatoes 1 small box
Jalapenos - 2 nos chopped
Red cooking wine - few drops
Worcestershire sauce - few drops
Garlic - 3 cloves finely chopped
Parsley - 2 tbsp chopped
Shallot - 1 finely chopped
Salt to taste
1. Heat a non-stick pan pour in a tbsp of olive oil
2. Once hot add the chopped garlic
3. Add the chopped shallot
4. Add the jalapenos or if you like you can add red pepper flakes
5.When completely cooked add the wine and sauce and let it simmer for a couple of minutes
6.Put the cut grape tomatoes and stir well
7. Add salt and pepper
8. Add chopped spinach (optional) and let it cook for a couple of minutes
9. Mix in the parsley just before preparing the bruschetta
10 Set the oven in broiler mode and set temperature at 400 degrees
11. Cut the bread side ways and and drizzle the bread with EVOO and place it in the preheated oven for a couple of mintues
12.Take the bread out and spread the tomato spread and
13. A few spinach leaves
14.A little mozzerella cheese on top and then place it again in the oven until the cheese melts.
Please note :The image that I took has whole spinach leaves on top and it got stuck to the cheese and it was a bit difficult to eat it without making too much mess. So the second batch i made with chopped spinach which I mixed in the tomato mix along with the parsley and then placed it in the oven.
So when you try it make sure you chop the spinach.