NALABAGHAM

I ain't good at drawing but I can say with confidence that I can cook quite well and make everyone happy, with a good meal. Cooking is an art and with passion & Love for it we can create so many wonderful dishes....Loving it everytime...

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Salmon Salad


Salmon is one of my favorites and I normally fry fish or make curry with it. But this time I decided to bake it in the oven and Vivek loved it. This is how its done...

You will need -
Salmon - without the skin 1 lb
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Paprika - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
White vinegar - 1 tsp
Zest of 1 lemon - 1/4 tsp
any grill seasoning - 1/2 tsp
Red pepper flakes - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cooking spray

Bell Pepper Salsa:-
Yellow/orange bell pepper - 1 seeded and chopped fine
Red bell pepper - 1 seeded and chopped fine
Jalepeno - chopped fine 1 tsp
Lime - juice of one
cilantro - handful chopped fine
Salt to taste

Mix all the above together, cover and leave it in the fridge for an hour or two.

Method:-
Mix all the ingredients except for the cooking spray and the salmon.
Rub the mix on to the salmon fillet on both sides and place it in a aluminium foil and pour the balance marinade into it.
Put it in the fridge for 4 -6 hrs.
Before baking it keep the marinated fish out so that it comes to room temperature.
Now preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the fish with the foil into the oven for about 30 minutes or until well done
Heat a non-stick skillet, spray the cooking spray, add the baked salmon and just dry fry it for a minute or two on each side.
Serve it with any salad or salsa of choice.
I shredded it up and mixed it with bell pepper salsa.
You can eat it with anything that you like, it can also be made with tilapia or any other fish of your choice.





I am sending this to Sangeeth's calcium rich

4 comments:

Sangeeth said...

Fastes post ever dear...thanks so very much :)

vandana rajesh said...

thks aartee for coming over to my blog. Glad to be back. You could send in any recipe that is kid-friendly.

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Salmon salad is very new to me. Looks colorful and yummy.

Anonymous said...

Salmon is my fav too. Looks delicious!